The mission of HOPE is to provide Help, Opportunity, Participation, and Education (HOPE) to differently abled children and young adults; and enable them to enhance their abilities to overcome their challenges.
Established in Qatar in the year 2005, HOPE Qatar is a pioneer in offering meaningful, impactful, and affordable services to the intellectually and physically challenged children and young adults in Qatar. In over a decade, HOPE Qatar has established itself as a symbol of hope for many students and their parents by offering a near school environment to the students.
The impact of HOPE’s programs can be evidenced by the fact that some of its students have successfully been re-integrated into mainstream schools. Some others have gone on to achieve success in 10th and 12th grade examinations through the Indian National Open School examinations. Some others have moved on to pre-vocational paths through successful completion of Diplomas in Computer Applications issued after examination by third party center.
If you have a child who needs HOPE’s support, or you know someone who does, bring them to us, and lets open up a world of opportunities to them.
1. To provide effective educational and therapeutic intervention to children and youth with special needs
OBJECTIVE # 1.1
To teach and train children in the class according to their individual education plans.
OBJECTIVE # 1.2
To train the teachers for continued professional development as per requirements.
OBJECTIVE # 1.3
To provide parent counseling when required on how they can help to bring the best in their children with special needs.
2. To create awareness in society about the needs and potential of children and youth with special needs in order to open up opportunities for them.
OBJECTIVE # 2.1
To create opportunities for the integration of children who are ready to attend the mainstream schools
OBJECTIVE # 2.2
To allow volunteers to come and work with the children.
OBJECTIVE # 2.3
To participate with corporate organizations to develop and deliver programs that creates awareness, and also benefits the children with special needs.
At HOPE Qatar we strongly believe that one solution does not fit all and therefore our approach is unique and different, specifically tailored to meet the specific requirements of each child under our care. Our focus is on the impact of our efforts on each child, which is evident from the numerous success stories of our students since 2006 in Qatar.
Our methodology broadly encompasses:
- Systematic evaluation of each child
- Preparation of Individual Education Plans
- Delivery of the plan through a combination of special education techniques, therapeutic interventions as required, and adaptive curriculum based on the requirements of the child.
- Combination of classroom studies and practical training aimed at real-life experiences.
- A near school environment that brings out the best in social skills and group behavior.
- Maximum class size of 6-8 students ensuring personal attention of the teacher at all times.
- Regular interaction and consultation with parents and special educators to ensure a collective approach to bringing out the best in the child.
- Targets the enhancement of abilities of the children in order to overcome their weaknesses.
HOPE Qatar ensures that each child feels a sense of belonging, develops friendships, enhances confidence, and leads a more fulfilling life.
Since 2006, HOPE Qatar has played a leading and pioneering role in enhancing opportunities and quality of education for children with special needs.
‘Children with special needs’ is a very broad term. It could include children with physical and intellectual challenges, but also includes children who learn and develop at their own pace. HOPE Qatar offers a range of programs to address the unique needs of these children and youth in Qatar. It ensures that along with functional academics, the social, emotional, and physical skills of the child is enhanced.
All our classes are ICT enabled and HOPE uses computer based technology and learning to the fullest to help develop a generation of children who tech savvy as well and can gain from the wealth of resources available at their fingertips. Yoga and Karate are built into our academic program in the morning batch to enable further emotional and physical development and well-being.