HOPE’s methodology is pretty simple and straightforward. We strongly believe that one solution does not fit all and therefore our approach is unique and different, specifically tailored to meet the specific requirements of each child under our care. Our focus is on the impact of our efforts on each child. Broadly grouped, the methodology which primarily focuses on functional academics can be described as:
- Systematic evaluation of each child
- Preparation of Individual Education Plans
- Delivery through a combination of special education and Montessori techniques.
- Combination of classroom studies and practical training aimed at real-life experiences.
- Maximum class size of 6-8 students in each class to ensure personal attention of the teacher at all times
- Regular interaction with parents
- Targets the enhancement of abilities of the children in order to overcome their weaknesses.
HOPE Qatar Center currently accepts only children with mild to moderate intellectual challenges, with manageable behavioral problems. A systematic and regular evaluation process enables the monitoring of the progress of each child at individual levels and at group levels. Constant feedback by teachers and the team ensure that the parents are updated regularly about the progress of their children and further programs are developed on an ongoing basis in consultation with them and the special educators. This ensures that the development of the child becomes a collective responsibility and that the training continues beyond the classrooms on an ongoing basis.